Timber - Yew
687 L x 278 - 220 W x 21 D (mm)
Please note I have measured the widest widths on the widest side
Weight 2.4 KG.
What does the description mean?
All of the description below are all natural in timber, some are created when the trees are growing and some occur whilst processing and drying.
If you have any further questions on any items please don't hesitate to contact me.
The photos will show as many descriptions as possible.
- This is when the timber keeps 1 or 2 of the natural edges which may or may not include the bark.
- They vary between shallow hair line splits to larger wider splits on the timbers flat surfaces.
End grain split
- These splits go into the wood from the cut ends of the timber.
Loose Bits & Flakey Bits
- This is when the wood has become softer in some parts more than others or there are soft waney edges.
Worm Holes & Bark Beetles
- The holes are caused by insect attack, all are treated before sale to ensure no further infestation.
- Is when the cut timber has horisontal grain, when cut like this it is more sought after as it becomes a more stable timber and in oak shows off the medullar rays.
- These are caused by the planning machine which smoothes the timber. The tares are slight chip marks on the smooth surfaces.
- Saw marks are from the milling process and sometimes get left on the surfaces to preserve the thickness of the timber.
- This often a favourite of wood turners. it is when the wood had been attacked by fungi it then leaves black lines and various colours through the timber, it will not carry on growing whilst the wood is dry.
- This tends to be Slightly rough and ready timber it can have varying colour, holes, soft bits, splits, shakes nail holes insect holes and so on?.
- This is when the wood concaves across its width.
Please note; the wood has been wiped with a damp cloth prior to photographs being taken,
this is to show the timbers natural grain and features and for you to see what it would look like once oiled, waxed or polished.
No stain has been applied to any wood shown. All colours seen are natural to the wood.
I mill timber which is suitable for all wood working projects, Furniture making, Wood turning, Wood carving, DIY, Hobby's, Crafts, Windows/Doors, Mantle pieces, Building projects, Etc.
When selecting and milling the timber I use, I take my time to get the best from each tree often working with the natural features and grain within a piece.
These natural features can often be such things as, knots, splits, shakes, holes, Beetle holes, Bark, Etc
Please take your time to look at each piece carefully to be sure you are happy with what you are buying. If you have any questions please ask.
All timber is sustainably sourced. I buy trees which have died, blown over, have to be taken down due to disease, or simply growing in the wrong place.
Please visit benloughrill.com further details and information
I aim to despatch items on the same day as purchase, Delivery is estimated between 3-5 working days, more often than no you will have your item within 2- 4 working days.
For shipping to the Channel Islands and Highlands please contact me for a postage quote.
All items are tracked and a signature will be needed on delivery.
If the item is not quite what you had hoped for or its become damaged in transit please get in touch, i will do my upmost to put things right, your custom is valued!